KanikaKatyal / JAMUN/ WILD INDIAN JAVA PLUM MOUSSE
– Jamun/ Wild Indian Java Plum: 500 g
– Raw sugar/boora: 50 g
– Balsamic vinegar: 1 tablespoon
Whipped cream filling
– Milk, tepid: 50 ml
– Gelatin: 1 1/2 teaspoon
– White chocolate: 100 g
– Single cream: 400 ml
– Clarified butter/ghee, melted, cooled: 30 ml
– Raw sugar/boora: 50g
– Brown sugar: 1 teaspoon
– Lime juice: 1 teaspoon
– Pinch Himalayan pink salt
– Fresh mint to garnish
– Wash the jamun well, drain, ass 50g sugar. Leave to macerate for about 30 minutes.
– Mash well with clean hands, removing as much pulp as possible.
– Blend the pulp until smooth, stir in the balsamic vinegar. Chill. Can be made a day in advance if need be.
– Reserve 1/2 cup for topping.
– Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar to this reserved cup, and microwave for 30 seconds, full power.
– Stir to mix, then stir in lime juice and salt. Chill.
– Melt the white chocolate with 100ml cream. Whisk until smooth. Leave to cool.
– Place chilled cream, sugar and clarified butter/ghee in bowl of stand mixer and whisk on highest speed for 5-7 minutes until medium stiff peaks form.
– Gently stir in the melted white chocolate mix and jamun puree, taking care not to lose the whipped in lightness of the cream. Taste for sweetness.
– Strain over the gelatin mix, and gently fold in. Reserve 1/2 cup and pour the rest into stem glasses.
– Stir about 1 tbsp of the reserved jamun pulp into the 1/ 2 cup reserved mousse, and top each glass.
– Leave to set in fridge.
– Once set, top with jamun topping and fresh mint leaves.