MyNutriCounter / Bell Peppers stuffed with Mushroom Corn Rice Pilaf
370g/13oz corn rice
200g/7oz fresh straw mushrooms, cut into chunks
100g/3.5oz white onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
750ml/25.5fl oz vegetable stock
2 pieces. bay leaf
4 bell peppers
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot.
- Add in onions and sweat until translucent.
- Add in mushrooms and continue cooking over high heat for another minute.
- Add in corn rice and stir until evenly coated with the oil in the pot.
- Pour in 2 cups of stock then bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- When level of stock in the pot goes down to level of rice, cover and turn heat to low.
- Leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave covered for another 15 minutes.
- Fluff rice.
- Preheat your oven to 180C/360F.
- Cut the top of each bell pepper. Remove the core and seeds. Stuff with rice pilaf.
- Arrange stuffed bell pepper standing up in a deep baking dish.
- Pour in remaining stock around the bell peppers.
- Bake for 40 minutes.