MyNutriCounter / Braised Tofu in Spicy Peanut Sauce
600g/21oz tofu cut into 4 steaks
50ml/2fl oz vegetable oil
2 tbsp/30g peanut butter
80ml/2.75fl oz coconut Milk
2 tbsp/30ml soy sauce (gluten free optional)
7g/0.25oz ginger, cut into thin strips
21g/0.75oz lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
21g/0.75oz jalapenos, thinly sliced
1 tbsp/10g chives, for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sear tofu steaks over high heat for about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté ginger, lemongrass, jalapenos, and shallots for about 2 minutes.
- Add water, coconut milk, soy sauce, and peanut butter. Bring to a boil.
- Add tofu steaks and simmer for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cooking.
- Serve with the braising sauce and garnish with chives.