MyNutriCounter / Mushroom Congee
250g/9oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
110g/4oz glutinous rice
225g/8oz white long grain rice
30g/1oz ginger, finely chopped
30g/1oz garlic, finely chopped
30g/1oz leeks, thinly sliced
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp/15ml vegetable or peanut oil
2 litres/2 quarts vegetable stock
- Wash mixture of glutinous rice and long grain under cold running water.
- Heat oil in a stockpot.
- Sauté ginger and garlic for a minute over high heat.
- Add in chopped leeks and mushrooms. Continue sautéing for another minute.
- Add in rice and stir well inside the pot to coat evenly with the oil.
- Pour stock into the pot. Bring to a boil while stirring continuously.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve with an optional drizzle of sesame oil.