MyNutriCounter / Tofu and Eggplant Green Curry
600g/21oz firm tofu
400ml/14fl oz coconut cream
100ml/3.5fl oz vegetable stock
Cornstarch for dusting – about 50g/2oz
Cayenne pepper – about 1/2 tsp
Fresh basil leaves – personal preference
Red thai chilis - personal preference
Vegetable oil – 15ml/0.5fl oz for a non-stick pan
For the Curry Paste
1 bunch fresh cilantro/coriander – about 25g
2 stalks lemongrass
4 pieces green jalapeno peppers - or personal preference
2 pieces shallots
6 cloves garlic
2 limes, juice
- Cut firm tofu into inch-sized cubes and pan-fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Slice shallots into thin rings. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Lightly dust with cornstarch and fry until crispy. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the curry paste in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Heat about a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan and roast the curry paste, stirring constantly, until aromatic.
- Add in vegetable stock into the pan to deglaze.
- Add in coconut cream and eggplant. Cook until the eggplant is tender.
- Add in tofu and heat for about a minute.
- Season to taste with salt or fish sauce.
- Serve topped with fresh basil leaves, fried shallots, and red thai chilis.