MyNutriCounter / Vegan Mapo Tofu
1 block silken tofu (400g/14oz), cut into inch cubes
150g/5.25oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
125ml/5fl oz vegetable broth
2 tbsp. chilli bean paste
30g/1oz fermented black beans, roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
1 tsp. Sichuan peppercorns
2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp/15ml peanut oil
1 tsp/5ml sesame oil
1 tsp/5ml chilli oil
1 tbsp/15ml honey/maple syrup
30g/1oz green onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp. cornstarch
25g/1oz peanuts, roughly chopped
- Mix vegetable stock, cornstarch, soy sauce, and honey in a bowl.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok.
- Add in ginger, garlic, mushrooms, Sichuan peppercorns, fermented black beans, and white part of the leeks to the wok. Sautee until aromatic. About a minute.
- Add in chili bean paste and soy sauce mixture.
- Stir until thick then add tofu. Heat for a minute.
- Transfer to a serving dish then drizzle chili oil and sesame oil.
- Top with chopped peanuts.