jerrytime / Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Possible
Ethan Gunderson @ethangunderson
- 1.5 sticks butter
- 2 eggs, 1 egg yolk
- 11.5 ounces all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups dark brown sugar
- .5 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- .5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- chocolate chips
- Brown butter and refrigerate until solid. At least one hour.
- Cream both sugars and browned butter in a stand mixer until creamed.
- Mix in the eggs until well combined.
- In a different bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and the chocolate chips. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Put dough in a new bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- From a dough ball double the size, rip in half, put on cookie sheet rip side up. Do not smoosh.
- Cook for 14-17 minuets.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.