mcostanza / Sweet Potato Salad
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 granny smith apples
- 2 ounces (aka 2 cups) arugula
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Start to boil a pot of water for the sweet potatoes.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into bite-size chunks, then add them to the water (does not need to be boiling yet).
- Boil about 8 minutes or until the potatoes can be pierced with a fork.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- When the potatoes have cooled, combine them with the apples, arugula, and scallions.
- For the dressing, combine the vinegar, mustard, honey, and hot sauce. Whisk together while adding the oil.
- Add dressing to salad and EAT
- 8 servings
- Per serving:
- 285 calories
- 13.7g fat
- 37g carbs
- 3.3g protein