sparker / Cast-Iron Chicken Fajitas
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (cut or beat thin but otherwise whole)
- 2 bell peppers (whatever variety you like, cut into long strips)
- 1 sweet onion (cut into long strips)
- 10 fajita tortillas
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- dash of hot sauce
- splash of tequila
- shredded lettuce
- Crema Mexican or sour cream
- pico de gallo
- Combine marinade ingredients in large plastic bag with chicken. Seal and put into fridge for 30-90 minutes. (While it's marinating, this is a great time to make pico de gallo)
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil in cast-iron skillet and sear the chicken, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet. Stack them and cover in aluminum foil.
- Add another tbsp of vegetable oil and the vegetables. Scrape up the chicken fat and give a good stir before letting sit for 3 minutes. Stir and let sit for another 3 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into strips. If they need a little more cooking, make room in the skillet and sear one of the newly-exposed edges for a minute or two.