sparker / Roast Chicken & Spring Vegetables
Half Food Network and half Glamour May 2008
- 3 lbs skin-on chicken thighs (or chicken quarters)
- 1 lb fingerling or other small potatoes
- 2 bunches radishes
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 bunch baby carrots
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp, heaping ground thyme
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 450°
- Combine the thyme, salt, pepper, and allspice.
- Season both sides of the chicken.
- Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray. Place the chicken throughout the pan.
- Drizzle olive oil on the chicken, then sprinkle with the spice mixture and lemon juice
- Roast chicken for 10 minutes.
- Cut radishes and potatoes in half. Cut scallions into 3-in pieces. Toss and combine with the garlic, olive oil, and the juice of half the lemon. Sprinkle with the spice mixture
- Remove the chicken and place vegetables around it. Return to the oven and roast for another 45 minutes, checking after 25.
- Squeeze a bit more juice from the lemon over the vegetables and chicken, and serve.